The NFL constantly tries to make their games more exciting, whether changing the rules or having new plays. One recent change is the hiring of professional cheerleaders.
What do NFL Cheerleaders Make?
NFL cheerleaders are some of the highest-paid athletes in the league. According to Forbes, NFL cheerleaders make an average of $32,000 annually. However, this number can vary depending on the team and how many appearances a cheerleader makes.
How much money do NFL Cheerleaders make?
NFL cheerleaders make anywhere from $12-$25 per hour and can make up to $1,000 per game. Most NFL teams have their cheerleading squad, usually contracted directly by the team. Some units, such as the Buffalo Bills’ squad, are employed through a promoter.
Pros of being an NFL cheerleader:
- Incredible traveling opportunities – NFL teams travel around the country, so cheerleaders have the chance to experience a lot of different places and cultures.
- Variety – NFL teams have different uniforms and choreography for each game, so cheerleaders are always learning something new.
- Large fan base – NFL cheerleaders have a large and loyal fan base that follows their every move.
- Good pay – Cheerleaders typically earn good pay, especially if they successfully land a contract with a team.
- Dedicated fans – Cheerleaders are often very dedicated to their teams and fans, creating strong bonds between them.
- Famous – Cheerleaders can often become famous (or at least known) thanks to their time as NFL cheerleaders.
- Lots of fun – Cheerleading is fun, and many people find it a great way to spend their free time.
Things to consider before becoming an NFL Cheerleader
When it comes to being an NFL cheerleader, it’s essential to consider all the different aspects of the job. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Salary: NFL cheerleaders typically make around $1,000 per game. That’s not bad pay for a part-time job, but it’s not as lucrative as some other careers.
- Benefits: Most NFL cheerleaders receive health insurance and 401(k) retirement plans. They also enjoy generous leave policies and plenty of vacation time.
- Hours worked: Cheerleading for an NFL team typically requires about 40 hours per week, although that can vary depending on the season.
- Travel: As with most jobs, NFL cheerleaders often have to travel for work. This can mean long flights and a lot of time away from home.
- Schedule: Cheerleaders typically work five days weekly, with two days off each week. That means they’re constantly on the go and don’t have much time for personal life.
If you’re anything like me, you’ve been curious about how much NFL cheerleaders make. They are hot, and their outfits are seriously drool-worthy, so it’s no wonder people are always asking questions about their salaries and career paths. Unfortunately, there is not a lot of information on the matter. Most NFL teams don’t release earnings data for their cheerleaders, which makes it challenging to determine precisely how much these ladies pull in each year. According to some reports, NFL cheerleaders can earn up to $100K per season! If that sounds like something you might be interested in pursuing, look at our selection of NFL cheerleader costumes and find the perfect outfit for your next event. Thanks for reading!